Foundation Announces New Archives Research Travel Fund
In summer 2017, the Archives will launch a Rauschenberg research travel fund, a new opportunity that will provide partial support for costs related to travel and living expenses that scholars may incur in order to do research at the Rauschenberg Foundation and its Archives.
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation will provide one-time project-based support to scholars, academics, artists, and other researchers who can demonstrate a compelling need to use the archival materials onsite at the Foundation. To be eligible, applicants must:
- reside 50 miles or more away from the Foundation;
- not have received a grant or other funding from the Foundation in the past 3 years;
- be at the graduate level and above.
The application will be open to U.S.-based and international individuals. Please note, priority will be given to independent researchers or those affiliated with institutions with limited resources.
The Rauschenberg research travel fund will provide partial support for research costs and can range from $200 - $2,000, depending on travel distance. Examples of eligible costs include:
- Travel costs including airfare and local transit
- Living expenses while researching including hotel and meals
Applications will open in summer 2017. Interested individuals can email email@example.com to request to be notified when application is available.